Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) free zone is the world’s fastest developing international financial center, which furnishes to the financial requirements of the province. Subsequent to its formation, DIFC has fascinated first-class organisations all over the globe, due to its effectiveness, functioning transparency, and fundamental value of integrity. DIFC has a distinct legal system with complete jurisdiction over substances related to employment, corporate security, commercial trusts, and civic bodies.
The DIFC is an independent jurisdiction under the UAE constitution, having its own independent civil and commercial laws and are written in English sourced from English Laws.DIFC is an on-shore financial hub, that provides a secure and efficient platform for business and financial institutions to grow and progress. It is also providing the required legal as well as physical infrastructure benchmarked against international standards.
DIFC area of services.
1) Banks -Commercial Banking
- Investment Banking
- Trade & Export Finance
- Project and Infrastructure Funding
- Treasury Services
- Correspondent Banking.
2) Insurance – DIFC strives to encourage the development of a flourishing regional insurance market. Global and regional insurers, reinsurers, and brokers are fascinated to set up in the center due to its world-class infrastructure and regulations. A significant side of the Insurance segment is swiftly growing with the economic development, growing industrialization, the rapid growth of international trade, mergers, and acquisitions. For companies looking towards finance and managing corporate risk, DIFC’s regulatory framework, joined with its favorable tax environment, provides an appropriate podium for the formation of confined insurance companies.
3) Wealth Management – DIFC’s governmental and regulatory regime has formed an extremely helpful and safe setting for the development of the funds industry. Following International Organisation of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) Principles, the Funds Regime permits for the domiciliation management and distribution of funds from DIFC. The enormous possibility of investing, managing, and administering this economic wealth has stimulated many of the world’s biggest asset managers, hedge funds and private equity firms to set up within DIFC and take benefit from the ability to:
- Manufacture and distribute custom-made mandates and specialist investment products.
- Manage the world’s largest concentration of Islamic Wealth.
- Offer advanced asset management products for institutional investors including the region’s large sovereign funds.
- Access investment opportunities across the region and gain exposure to rapidly growing emerging markets.
- Tap into the region’s vast pool of wealth for fundraising and seed capital.
4) Capital Markets – In order to meet financial needs, companies, governments, and financial institutions have always looked into the international capital markets. There is an increase in the flow of IPO’s (Initial Public Offering) and listing in the regional exchanges with the advent of the regional stock markets. Rapidly growing stock of financial assets accumulating in pensions, life funds, collective investment schemes, the regional investors have the required liability to absorb opportunities in the efficient market.
DIFC offers the platform for investment banks and financial intermediaries to service the capital markets of the region with:
- M& A advisory
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity
- Private Banking
- Trade Finance
- Brokerage Service
5) Professional Services – As part of the increasing request for professional service companies determined by improved sophistication in financial services demanding professional advisory work, enlarged cross-jurisdictional trade and dealings along with constant reformation by state-owned enterprises corporations and private entities, DIFC has engrossed a variety of specialised service providers that has:
- Accounting & Auditing
- Risk Management
DIFC has observed a world-class technology and associated infrastructure, with lots of bilingual and highly skilled professionals.
6) Data & Research Providers – Companies are intelligent to integrate and combine their resources essential to facilitate the region by acquiring a viable edge in cost of operations. Expert service companies may take advantage of the large business and financial captive businesses located in DIFC. The knowledge of the world’s major international professional service companies is imperative to support for creating DIFC as an outstanding international financial center.
7) Management Offices – The striking legal framework and tax offering has engrossed a range of management offices including:
- Holding Companies
- Proprietary Investments Offices
- Single Family Offices
- Marketing Operations
You will get access to numerous professional services from a single location such as wealth and asset managers, private bankers, legal firms, accounting firms, recruitment firms, consultants, corporate governance experts, international tax advisers, captive insurers, and experts on Islamic finance, as well as capital markets and corporate financiers.
8) Retailers – Professionals working in DIFC have a healthy demand for business and lifestyle facilities. This caused the development of many hotels and residential areas nearby.
There are three different retail zones such as:
- Gate Village – Situated adjacent to the gate, emphasis on art galleries and fine dining outlets.
- Marble Walk – Situated beneath the Gate, focuses on takeaway meals, retail convenience, and essential services.
- The Balcony – The terrace surrounding the Gate focuses on casual dining option.
Dubai guarantees the financial sustainability of DIFC free zone and the companies well-known in the center through a program of resource alignment, financial risk management and competitive benchmarking. DIFC free zone authority allows company formation and operations in financial sector only.